The border skirmish between India and Pakistan has triggered a subsequent chain of actions where we saw an Indian pilot getting caught by the Pakistani army and then subsequently released.
Subsequently, a lot of Indian actors have advocated that India and Pakistan should not engage culturally. According to them, cultural exchange during times of war is inappropriate. These Indian actors say that the Pakistani artistes should come out in the open to denounce war and specifically, India’s fight against terrorism.
Here are five artistes who think India and Pakistan should not engage culturally during times of war.
1. Kangana Ranaut: Kangana says that Pakistan should first act against terrorism before talking about cultural exchanges with India. She had gone to such extremes as saying that if she had the opportunity she would have even fought at the border along with the Indian soldiers. Kangana says that Pakistani artistes must acknowledge how Pakistan is harbouring terrorists in its soil, which is the root cause of all the trouble.
2. Vidya Balan: Vidya Balan has said that Indians are not fighting against Pakistan but they are fighting against terrorism. According to Vidya, Pakistani artistes working in India should acknowledge the fight against terrorism and support the efforts to root out hate from this world.
3. Ajay Devgn: The star has said that during times of conflict there should be restrictions on bonhomie between artistes as it undermines the efforts of the armed forces and might demoralise them.
4. Vicky Kausal: Vicky says that Bollywood films going and selling tickets of their films when the Indian armed forces are dying at the borders, aren’t an effective way of boosting the morale of our own army. According to Vicky, during times of war, the highest prerogative would be to boost the morale of Indian army and Bollywood pretending that nothing has happened is not a effective way to say that Bollywood is backing the Indian army.
5. Ranveer Singh: Though Ranveer Singh says that art and culture is in a different realm than Geopolitics and war but he has said that, Bollywood artistes should value the sentiments of the soldiers and their family. “…We are not sacrificing the way some of our compatriots are. If there’s even one mother of a soldier who believes that we shouldn’t engage, we should follow that,” said Ranveer Singh.