Elizabeth Vargas is adding some spice to ‘RHOC’ — according to the trailer, at least! Learn more about this season 15 newcomer who’s BFFs with Kelly Dodd & Braunwyn Windham-Burke.
Elizabeth Lyn Vargas is the newest cast member of The Real Housewives of Orange County and we can already tell she’s a welcome addition! Kelly Dodd and Braunwyn Windham-Burke‘s BFF was front and center in the trailer for season 15, where Shannon Beador described her new co-star as “kinda fun” after a dinner date. Elizabeth also isn’t shy about holding back, especially when it comes to her relationship with boyfriend Jimmy. “Jimmy and I have a very intimate relationship, we just don’t have sex,” she announced in another clip.
The “really feisty” businesswoman started filming with the Bravo reality show when they recently picked production back up after a break due to the coronavirus pandemic, and it’s already been “challenging” for her, a source spilled to HollywoodLife EXCLUSIVELY. Before being officially confirmed, Elizabeth was spotted filming with some cast members, including Shannon Beador, and the source told us she was “still getting her groove.” Here are five things you should know about Elizabeth before the season 15 premiere.
1. She was reportedly brought on RHOC by Kelly Dodd. “She was brought into the group by Kelly and they have fun together,” our insider said on July 25. “It’s been challenging for her to connect with a lot of the other women though. They didn’t know her before and she hasn’t exactly been fitting in very easily. She’s pretty vocal and seems to still be getting her groove, but she hasn’t started off on the best of footing with the other women.”
2. She’s in a relationship. In the trailer for season 15, Elizabeth is seen talking about her boyfriend Jimmy — but the romantically involved pair apparently don’t engage in a sexual relationship. Prior to seeing Jimmy, she was married to Rock ‘n’ Roll Fantasy Camp owner and American Seafoods Group CEO Bernt Bodal, who she divorced earlier this year. “You know, I don’t know how I’m feeling today. I’m excited but I’m sad and I – it’s the end of an era – I was with the guy for 20 years. 17 years but divorcing for three,” she said on her Instagram story earlier this summer, adding “20 years total of my life and I’m happy but it’s a failure. … I paid an arm and a leg to get divorced and to get what I thought I needed … and here we are transitioning to a new phase in my life and I’m excited.”
2. She’s the CEO and founder of Edge Music Network. The company, which is a music and video-purchasing and streaming website, is listed on Elizabeth’s LinkedIn page. Although she’s previously shared the platforms successes, she’s been open about recent struggles during the COVID-19 pandemic. “Edge Music was a failure…It’s not quite a failure yet but it’s on its way. I’m gonna pivot my life to a new direction to generate revenue – you know from things that I acquired – I can repurpose,” she explained via her Instagram story.
3. Her Instagram page promotes a volunteer-run animal rescue shelter. We Care Rescue Ranch is the name of the “no-kill” shelter that Elizabeth helps run and she often posts pics of cute puppies and other animals with attached information about the shelter on her personal social media page. “Every heartbeat counts” is the motto of the center, according to its official Instagram page, and promises to “help raise money for your cause.”
5. She’s friends with RHOC star Braunwyn Windham-Burke. She mentioned Braunwyn in a recent Instagram post that thanked Cancer Cartel, an organization that “provides financial resources and relief to those fighting cancer”, according to its website, and added a video of herself taking on a challenge that allowed her to donate clothes to cancer-fighting women. “Thank you @cancercartel for all that you do for women in need…We are all humbled by your cause. @braunwynwindhamburke Thank you for introducing me to these lovely ladies & their dress challenge,” she captioned the Oct. 2019 post.